Weekly Reflection #3

This week was more hard work rather than just animal socialization and animal cleaning. I got to be put in the shoes of the people who are always helping in the workroom. It was busy back there since they got so many new kittens and cats. It was also busy due to a lot of cats that were brought up front who were finally ready to be adopted which left their old supplies to be cleaned. Spending hours in the workroom was honestly a pain sometimes, but I was also pretty used to lots of cleaning because of my summer job working in housekeeping at Proctor.
    Some fun events through the week included a trip to a retirement home, some kitten yoga, and career day at Loudon Elementary School. At the retirement home, I was able to see the joy that the animals brought them, but it was also good to get the puppies used to that many people. The kitten yoga was with Concord High School where we set six little kittens free to roam around while they did yoga. This was a good way to boost the kids motivation and mood. It was also good to see the kittens getting time to roam free and be around people. Those same kittens went to the career day where they got to experience a younger generation around them.
    What I’ve learned this week is how precise and clear you have to be around people of any age and that helping clean goes a long way to help the other workers. It is important to teach others about animal behavior and how to interact with them. The animals that come into the SPCA are scared and nervous of the new place they’ve suddenly been brought to. It’s important to approach them the right way and to know when you need to give them space.
    I think that this week has benefitted the most because it’s made me realize the significance in educating others about what an animal is trying to tell you. This week I’ve been able to achieve some greeting and service to other businesses and places. I was able to help a sweet couple at the SPCA by telling them the personalities of the cats that we had in. I also got to practice with my service around other places such as the retirement home and the elementary school. I got to interact with new people and places which helped to better my communication skills.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Information Before Volunteering at the Concord SPCA

My First Weekly Reflection

Surprises