Kitten Chaos

May 14, 2019
Written at 9PM


The morning was pretty typical. I began by cleaning the gerbil’s cage again. After that routine, I went into the office to do some more summer camp paperwork for Shannon. I was able to get a lot more done than the first day because I had gotten used to how to do it. Then some kids from Concord High School came to do some kitten yoga. This is when a group does some yoga in the training room and we let some kittens free to run around them and play with them. This is a good way to boost the kids motivation and to help the kittens socialize. As soon as that hour was up, Shannon and I immediately got ready to bring those same kittens to Loudon Elementary School for their career day. When we were there, Shannon spoke about the importance of animal care and how to approach the animals. We had set up a playpen for the kittens and me and another SPCA worker would take a couple kittens out for the kids to pet. Then I just drove back the kittens and the supplies we had brought. Today I spent 7 ½ hours and in total have completed 79 hours of my senior project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Information Before Volunteering at the Concord SPCA

My First Weekly Reflection

Surprises