Final Day of Volunteer Work

May 20, 2019
Written at 8PM


    My last day of volunteering. It was sad walking through the doors knowing that this would be my last shift. Right away I cleaned the guinea pig cage and then helped a worker clean out a couple of the cat enclosures. I got the chance to meet and socialize with a few new cats that I hadn’t gotten to know previously. After that, I finally finished all of the summer camp registration information forms. It took me hours to get through it all, but I really took the time to finish. That took up most of my day. The last event that I chaperoned was for some little kids reading to three little puppies. I had spent lots of time with these puppies beforehand so I knew what they were like. They were running around most of the time as the kids read and enjoyed playing with them. I cleaned up the training room after and by that point it was the end of my shift. Today I spent 6 hours and have in total completed 103 hours of my senior project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Information Before Volunteering at the Concord SPCA

My First Weekly Reflection

Surprises